A new lawsuit from survivors of Michigan’s Oxford High School shooting revealed on Thursday claims that the alleged shooter posted a direct threat on social media the day before the tragedy that killed four students and injured seven others.

Jeffrey and Brandi Franz are suing the Oxford Community School District on behalf of their two high school daughters, including one who was shot in the neck during the November 30 shooting.

“Previous to the November 30, 2021 incident, [alleged shooter’s name] posted countdowns and threats of bodily harm, including death, on his social media accounts, warning of violent tendencies and murderous ideology prior to actually coming to school with the handgun and ammunition to perpetuate the slaughter,” the lawsuit states, according to a Fox News report.

The alleged shooter also allegedly posted on the bio of his Twitter account the night before the incident the words: “Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds. See you tomorrow Oxford.”

The alleged shooter’s social media accounts are currently disabled due to the ongoing investigation.

The Daily Wire reported earlier on Thursday that two lawsuits have been filed by the survivors of Michigan’s Oxford High School shooting that seek $100 million each.

A lawyer announced the filing of the two lawsuits in Detroit, Michigan, on Thursday, the Associated Press reported.

Detroit’s WXYZ-TV also reported Thursday morning:

The lawsuits have been filed by Attorney Geoffrey Fieger on behalf of a student who was shot in the neck and her sister, who was with her when she was shot.

On top of the district, those in the lawsuit include the district superintendent, the Oxford High School principal, dean of students, two counselors, two teachers and a staff member.

A press conference is scheduled for 11 a.m. Thursday.

The lawsuit follows a string of developments since the tragic shooting on November 30. The previous report noted:

The 15-year-old student was charged with counts of murder and terrorism following the incident after surrendering to law enforcement.

Last week, the parents of the alleged shooter were arrested following an active search. The couple was arraigned on Saturday. All three family members were placed in the same correctional facility, but have been separated and have no contact with one another.

The parents each face four criminal charges for involuntary manslaughter after reports that their son allegedly used a handgun purchased by the father as a gift for his son on Black Friday.

Monday, Oakland County Prosecutor Karen McDonald revealed new information during an interview on NBC’s “Today” during which she was asked if it was possible that school officials could face charges related to the tragedy.

“It’s possible,” McDonald responded, offering no further comment.

Reported that the alleged student also likely had the handgun in his backpack during a meeting with teachers and parents just hours before using it in the shooting spree:

McDonald told CNN on Thursday that there was a “very strong possibility” the suspect was already carrying the weapon during a meeting with his parents and school officials earlier in the day before the shooting.

“I think that it’s already been public that he did have the weapon. During COVID, they don’t use lockers, so they just have backpacks,” McDonald said.

Three students were reported dead on Tuesday. A fourth victim died on Wednesday, according to the Oakland County Sheriff’s Office.

No comments:

Post a Comment